I take part in a weekly linkup called Ten Things of Thankful which is like a gratitude journal, except that multiple people do it and you get to read about all the wonderful things that they’re thankful for besides yourself! Josie Two Shoes has been our wonderful host for over 12 months, and has done an amazing job. Thank you, Josie! From next week the linkup will now be hosted by the lovely Kristi at Thankful Me who I’m sure will do just as great a job 🙂
I decided to join this linkup as a way of reminding myself how lucky I am, which can sometimes be difficult when life throws you a curve ball or two. If you’d like to find out more about the linkup, or join in, then you can click on the image below.
There has only been one thing on my mind this past week on my list of thankfuls:
- I have finished my doctorate!!
- I can officially can myself by the title “Doctor”.
- There is NOTHING else I need to do to my thesis. I can FORGET about it!
- No more long-winded forms to fill in, to say what I’m doing and why I’m doing it.
- No more hours spent in the evenings writing up essays.
- I can go out with my husband and pooch without worrying about getting back home to carry on with uni work.
- No more anxious waits to see if things have been approved, or whether there are more hurdles to overcome.
- I have my life back.
- Number 8 is so important, it gets another mention. I. get. my. life. back!
- The final thing I have to do is…….go and enjoy my graduation ceremony in a few weeks’ time. I think I can manage that! 😀
What are you thankful for this week? 🙂