I take part in a weekly linkup called Ten Things of Thankful which is like a gratitude journal, except that multiple people do it and you get to read about all the wonderful things that they’re thankful for besides yourself! It’s hosted by the wonderful Josie Two Shoes, who does a great job of ensuring the linkup is there each week 🙂
I decided to join this linkup as a way of reminding myself how lucky I am, which can sometimes be difficult when life throws you a curve ball or two. If you’d like to find out more about the linkup, or join in, then you can click on the image below.
I’ve not been on the linkup for a while. I’ve needed a break away while certain things are being sorted out. I guess it’s that thing called “life”. I’m not here on the blog much at the moment either and think I’ve lost a bit of my mojo, so it’s suiting me to just dip in now and then. I want my posts to be meaningful and not written purely because I feel I have to.
Here is my gratitude list 🙂
1. Hubby and I go on holiday to the coast in a couple of week’s time. We’re both pretty tired from work and in need of the break. We’re lucky that we’re able to afford to go away, as the breaks do us so much good.
2. The pooch was clipped for the first time ever this weekend. We thought if it’s hot while we’re away she’d benefit from having her coat thinned down a bit. She looks just like a puppy again!
3. I’m now waiting for the university to approve the corrections I made to my thesis. This is the final hurdle now. Once this is done, it’s OVER! I’ll be so relieved. I’m grateful for all the moral support I’ve had throughout the course. I think I might have quit otherwise. I don’t know if it’ll all be done and dusted for me to graduate in July, but we’ll see.
4. Hubby and I are looking into doing some private work, which is very exciting. It’s early days and we’re still looking into the costs and logistics, but I’m feeling really positive about it. I’m currently building a website and we’ve been to see a potential office to rent. Once we come back from our break we’ll get going with it all properly 🙂
5. I’m grateful for the recent sunshine and warm weather we’ve been having. It makes so much difference to my mood. Sitting out in the garden listening to the birds sing is one of my favourite things to do, together with getting out into the countryside.
6. Sitting in the aforementioned garden, accompanied by a nice cold glass of wine is a beautiful thing 🙂
7. Chocolate. Enough said.
8. Exercise. It keeps my head in a good place and I’m proud that I stay consistent with it.
9. Helping friends makes me feel good. We helped some friends do some painting on the interior of a building they’re leasing to open their own micro-brewery. They started off in a fairly small room about a year ago and now have a two-storey building in the town centre where people will be able to go to taste their ales, have something to eat, and chat. Exciting times for them!
10. My husband, for sticking with me throughout the difficult periods over the past few years. I’m sure I’ve not been easy to live with at times. He’s my best friend 🙂
What things are you grateful for? Come and join the linkup and let us know 🙂