I take part in a weekly linkup called Ten Things of Thankful which is like a gratitude journal, except that multiple people do it and you get to read about all the wonderful things that they’re thankful for besides yourself!
I decided to join this linkup as a way of reminding myself how lucky I am, which can sometimes be difficult when life throws you a curve ball or two. If you’d like to find out more about the linkup, or join in, then you can click on the image below.
This week I have much to be thankful for!
- I finished my thesis and it has now been posted to the university! It will be examined some time in the new year (where I meet with a panel) but I’m just happy it’s done!
- I’m grateful that I can now enjoy Christmas and my time off without having to type anything else!
- I’m thankful to my husband who has supported me throughout this process, especially at the times where I considered throwing in the towel.
- I very much appreciate my heating at the moment. We’ve had snow here for two days and are expecting heavier snow tomorrow. There’s nothing like sitting inside in the warm while it’s bitterly cold outside.
- I really feel for the people in California who have been affected by the fires. Even though I moan about the climate here in England, I feel thankful that extreme weather/natural occurrences tend to be rare. I keep those people in my thoughts.
- Next weekend we’re going to my mum’s for ‘Christmas’. We go the weekend before Christmas every year. It should be nice as my younger brother is bringing his dogs and our pooch will have some playmates 🙂
- My job is going well and I feel more confident than I did a few weeks’ ago. There is lots to learn and I know I’ll grow and develop there.
- Chocolate biscuits have been nice this past week!
- The furbabies continue to make me smile and I love taking care of them.
- We’ll be having a nice roast dinner tomorrow, which is always nice as my husband tends to make it and I get the joy of eating it!
What things are you thankful for?